I came to class right after work hours in EXPO. It was a bit rushed heading to NUS . But it is commonly late for other interns .
What I learn from my class today of HR2002: the role of company, organization to understand the impact of globalization on individual and organisation.
See the lecnotes and imagine what Ms Chew taught:
- to get the mindset of thinking locally, but act globally.
- The great forces will impact on the development and sustainability of employment, from company’s view to individual’s perspective. So there are some element/factors which play an important/crucial part to extend the life long of organization.
- Trade, info exchange make interconnection.
- discontinuous change: unpredicted., not constantly
- The vision of employee integrate to ….
- look into customer, seek for customer’s satisfaction.
- today customer are so demanding and discerning, well-informed, —-> change the way of thinking or shift of paradigm
- flatter organization–> faster response from the bottom to the top level, c
- cost effective as an ultimate goal
- base of power: coercive/knowledge/reward/referent/position power.